Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Introducing The Newest Funk

I went in for an ultrasound on November 12th and they noticed that my fluid surrounding Ana was very low. After doing a stress test they told me they were going to run the results by the doctor but that most likely I'd be put on bedrest for a week. Suddenly the doctor came in and told me they had scheduled a C-section for the following morning. Shocked, I went out and told Brian, and we immediately went into a panic on what all we needed to do and to get before the next morning!
The next morning my parent's came and we put all my stuff and Kaylee's stuff in the truck. She would be spending the day and first night with them. At 12:43pm, Ana Marie Funk was born, at 5 pounds 10 ounces and 19 inches long. We noticed right away that her breathing was very erratic and she was really struggling so they took her right to the NICU. Needless to say, the following few days I was in the hospital was really tough. I was able to get up and go see her anytime I wanted after the first day and the nurses and doctors were all amazing! At first, they told me they thought we were looking at 3-4 months of her being there. But she is strong and after a week I went into do her feeding and he physical therapy and they asked me if I was ready to take her home!
When I pulled up to the apartment with Ana, I saw my parent's, Brian, and Kay waiting outside. Kaylee was so excited and kept yelling "look baby"!! Finally, my girls were home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment